Faculty Led Business – Internship Abroad Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Deb Toomey
- 55-440 Business Study Abroad 3-6 Credits
- Professors will work with students on transferring any marketing and management courses that they may need. Additional work may be required
- Open to graduate students
Upon completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- The impact and implications of culture on multinational management
- The environmental foundations of Irish marketplace
- Communication, negotiation and motivation tactics for companies conducting business with Ireland and within the European Union
- Attractions, tourism, general history/geography, and demographic information of Ireland and its most important trading partners
- 2.5 GPA required
- Principles of Marketing 55-330 or equivalent
- In addition, students must have completed and submitted their application with resume and reference by November 15, 2017. Students will be notified by December 1, 2017 of acceptance into the program. Interviews and other consultation will happen in early spring 2018 in order to place student into an appropriate internship.
Costs (Paid to Northwest):
- Language of instruction is English
*Program Fee Includes:
- In-state tuition 6 credit hours +
- Administration Fee: $50.00 +
- NW Program Fee: $7,586 (Subject to change, based on 10 participants)*
- Airport pickup & drop-off
- Housing for 8-weeks
- Transportation card
- Cultural activities
- Internship Placement
- Internship Supervision
- Classroom expenses
- Program administration
- Meals ~ $1,500.00
- Spending Money ~ $1,000.00
- Passport $150.00
FRIDAY, MAY 4
8-Week Internship Program in Dublin
May 4 - June 30, 2018
*Itinerary is subject to change
• Arrival in Dublin, airport reception
• Program accommodation check-in !
• API Workplace and Culture Orientation - Session 1
• Orientation - Practical introduction to host city transportation system and necessities.
• Light Dinner
SATURDAY, MAY 5
• API Workplace and Culture Orientation - Session 2
The second session will focus on cultural information on Ireland and Dublin and housing overview.
• Guided walking tour of Dublin
• Welcome Dinner
SUNDAY, MAY 6
MONDAY, MAY 7 - FRIDAY, MAY 18
Faculty-led two week course.
MONDAY, MAY 21 - FRIDAY, JUNE 29
Students will participate in a full-time internship 4 days/32 hours a week.
SATURDAY, JUNE 30
Internship program ends/check out of accommodation by 12pm. Students are responsible for their own
return transportation to the airport.